Help us integrate the ideas of humanism and enlightenment further into society! This is urgently necessary because: "Anyone capable of splitting the atom and communicating via satellites must have the necessary intellectual and emotional maturity to do so" (Manifesto of Evolutionary Humanism). Here you can find out how you can support us.
1. Become a Giordano Bruno Stiftung's support member. This does not entail any financial obligations. You can assess for yourself whether and how much you want to donate to the gbs. Further information about support membership (incl. admission form) can be found here.
2. As a support member you can participate in discussions in the gbs internal forum or participate locally in one of our regional or student groups. If you would like to set up your own group in your region, please contact our regional group representatives.
3. Subscribe to our free German newsletter and visit our events. If you have acquaintances who might be interested in our cause, please talk to them about our goals. You can also order and distribute larger quantities of the foundation's brochures.
4. Support our work by making a donation. The Giordano Bruno Stiftung is accredited by the tax office as a non-profit organization. Donations can be deducted from tax. (If you donate 200 euro per year or more, the gbs will automatically send you a donation receipt. For smaller donations, an account receipt is sufficient for the tax office. If you want to be absolutely sure, you can also print out our donation confirmation.)
These are the details of the gbs donation account:
Account no.: 2 222 222,
Bank code: 560 517 90, Kreissparkasse Rhein-Hunsrück
IBAN: DE40 5605 1790 0002 2222 22, BIC: MALADE51SIM
ONLINE DONATIONS: You may also donate online to the Giordano Bruno Stiftung via this form provided on the donation portal betterplace.org. (In this case you will receive your donation receipt(s) from betterplace.org.) Through betterplace, a regular collection of donations is also possible. Alternatively, this can be implemented directly via the gbs as well. In this case, please print out this direct debit authorisation and send the signed original to the foundation's headquarters in Oberwesel.
5. Of course we also appreciate endowments, contributions to the foundation capital, and inheritances. If you are considering becoming a donor or considering the gbs as an heir in your will, please contact the founder of the Giordano Bruno Stiftung, Herbert Steffen.
The gbs patron circle
The considerable increase in the number of new supporting members has unfortunately not been matched by a corresponding increase in donations, which is probably caused by two factors: firstly, the strained financial situation in large parts of the population and, secondly, the fact that in recent years school and university/college students who cannot (yet) afford to support the foundation financially increasingly joined our support members. However, as the foundation's expenses increase (due to the increased demand for brochures, flyers, posters, and the corresponding shipping costs), we have to look for new ways of financing. One idea that we developed in this context is the gbs patron circle.